Subtitle

A Random Collection of Writings and Ramblings

27 October 2010

7 Years of Harry: Ron and Hermione

To continue, it's now time to take a look at the next two most important characters in the series and how they've changed over time. (And also how their relationship has changed ;) ) It's my favorite character in the movies (the books are another story), Ron Weasley and my favorite pairing for him, Hermione Granger!

Ron Weasley (Rupert Grint)





















Year 1: SS
Look at little Ron eating all that candy! Little ginger kid! Rupert's a good actor too, and a great choice for Ron. He was so awkward looking in a cute little kid way. I don't think I particularly liked Ron's character the first time I read the books, he was okay, but just a random character I didn't care about. It was really in the later books I started liking him more. But the movies I always liked him because he's just played so well. I love the chess scene near the end of the first one because it's that first time you really get to see that brave, confident side to Ron that develops more later on.























Year 2: CoS
He was still pretty little-kid-awkward here, but it's perfect because so was Ron his second year. And look at Rupert's expression with that wand. Who could do a better Ron Weasley. Ron, in the second one, is definitly becoming more used to the dangerous stuff he always encounters around Harry, and shows he can handle it (at least mentally, not exactly magically yet) when he goes with Harry to the Chamber of Secrets.He still has a big role as the one who explains magical things to Harry, but starts developing more of a character.



















Year 3: PoA
Finally he's leaving the awkward little kid stage.  I believe a picture or two from him made my binder back then. ;) I'd say this is his "whiny" year, but that phase lasts quite a bit more than a year for Ron. He pretty much starts his whole whiny-drama phase in the this one and it lasts all the way up to and including the sixth one. However he definitly has his own developed, indepth personality in this one, and I still love him. :D

















Year 4: GoF
The hair was actually a little too long for me in this one, but it wasn't bad. Still much better than Daniel Radcliffe with short hair *shudders*. You really get to see several sides to Ron in this one though. There's the jealous Ron, who wishes he could have some of Harry's glory, there's... jealous Ron, who can't stand seeing Hermione with Krum.... ok so we see a lot of jealous Ron. But it serves well to introduce those two plotlines of Ron's that follow him throughout the series. A slight bitterness toward Harry, and his feelings for Hermione.























Year 5: OotP
I really like his hair in this one. This is definitly the movie where I said, "Forget, I like Ron/Rupert better than Harry/Daniel." As far as the character goes, at least he's more level headed than Harry in this one. Though that isn't hard.























Year 6: HBP
Oh Ron. This book is not his shining moment. Though at least he's funny, right? I definitly hated Lavender and that whole thing with her, and Ron was clearly a bit behind on the maturity charts in this one. I guess something had to happen eventually to set things off with him and Hermione. At least in the end he comes to his senses.


















Year 7: DH
So I just got a T-shirt with Ron on it from this movie. Just saying. Anyways, I don't consider this one part of Ron's whiny phase, despite his... whining.... because he's under the influence of the locket, and comes to his senses very quickly, though it's then too late for a while. Ron has definitly grown up by this book, and I love that he gets to be the one to kill the locket. Also the subplot of him and Hermione in this one is great and the house elf thing at the end = perfect. I really can't wait to see Rupert play him in the movie version.






So these don't really have a point other than they're awesome pictures. So yeah. Go Ron!

Hermione Granger (Emma Watson)




 
Year 1: SS
I'm not going to have much to say about Emma Watson/ Hermione, since I really don't pay as much attention to her character, and don't really care about the actress. She's a pretty good actor and fits the part of Hermione very well. She did the "goody-two-shoes-know-it-all" way Hermione acts in the first one very well for a young actress. Which is pretty much Hermione's entire role in the first book.





 

Year 2: CoS
At least Hermione does start to loosen up a bit in this one. For instance, in the picture above she is brewing the polyjuice potion, made of ingredients she stole. While I'm at it, I should mention I love the props in this picture. Everything is so intricate and old looking, and the wooden case for the supplies even has her initials engraved on it. It's pretty awesome.


























Year 3: PoA
She's quite a bit different in this one, with all the punching Malfoy and whatnot. Also when the movie came out I was jealous of the actress because she had a lot of scenes with Daniel Radcliffe and I liked him a lot this movie. 
























Year 4: GoF
All I can say about this one is: Her. Ron. Fight Scene at the ball. Yup. "Well you know what the solution is then? Next time ask me first, before someone else does, and not as a last resort!"
























Year 5: OotP
You get to see some very intense magic work from her in this one. The way she makes the communication coins and protects the room with enchantments, and curses if you reveal the location show how great the extent of her capabilities is.
























Year 6: HBP
In Half Blood Prince we finally the side of Hermione that can be irrational, over-emotional, and jealous, in her big fight with Ron over his "relationship" with Lavender. This is far different from the "her" that she has let everyone else see up to this point. The actress did very well with the "canary scene" in the movie.







Year 7: DH
She stays mostly level headed, and stands unwaveringly by Harry in this one, despite everything they go through. She also stays with Harry, despite Ron walking out, though that emotional side that appeared in the later books is still there, in her reaction to Ron upon his return (ANGRY). From what I've seen of the previews I think Emma will portray all of this well again.



The Pair


Hopefully you'll enjoy these pictures of the adorable couple from a few of the different movies as much as I did.










-Krys-
-"Throwing canaries at your friends is not a sign of affection"-


2 comments:

  1. Yay Ron and Hermione! They're pretty awesome. xD I definitely think that Ron is awesome, and Emma Watson is very pretty and a good actress. xD

    ReplyDelete