Subtitle

A Random Collection of Writings and Ramblings

28 October 2010

7 Years of Harry: Draco and Neville

Next up are two characters that would I'm sure hate being put in the same blog post. However I'm not sure how else to break them down, so here they are: Draco Malfoy and Neville Longbottom! Draco I really don't like as a character, and Tom Felton isn't my favorite, at least in looks, but he's a good Draco. Also from the interviews I've see with him he seems like he's probably pretty cool, not at all like Draco. XD Neville is a cute, fun character. He's not a character I'm super-into, but he's cool, and I like when he's unexpectedly awesome.

Draco Malfoy (Tom Felton)





Year 1: SS
I don't have much to say about Malfoy since I really don't like his character and therefore don't pay attention to it, especially in the early books when he's nothing but a snobby, whiny brat. But for those of you who do like him, or like me are just curoius to see how his look as changed over the years, here he is.







Year 2: CoS
Stupid whiny rich brat who bought his way onto a quidditch team. :P







Year 3: PoA
HAHA. He gets punched in the face by Hermione.







Year 4: GoF
Look at that obnoxious smirk. Tom Felton is definitly a good actor.







Year 5: OotP
Stupid jerkface sucking up to and helping evil Umbridge. >< I didn't really like him in the movie either, though it probably isn't his fault, I just think the way they show the "Inquisitorial squad" in that cheesy comedic way is dumb, because it would be a lot scarier than that. Draco and his friends with that kind of power would be like having Nazis running the school. His friends may be buffoony, but he's smarter, and not in a good way.







Year 6: HBP
Side note: I actually like this picture ok. He's still blond though. :P Anyway, Draco goes from being obnoxious, to actually a bad guy (though not a very successful, or really willing one) at the beginning of this one when he becomes a death eater. However, I almost liked him at the end because you can tell he would not have killed Dumbledore.
























Year 7: DH
So I couldn't find a picture of Draco from the new one yet, but enjoy this silly picture of Tom Felton in a bathtub instead (my friend picked it out.) As much as I didn't like Draco throughout the series, I am glad his family is basically redeemed at the end, what with Draco pretty much giving up fighting and his mom protecting Harry in order to know Draco is safe. I feel bad for him in this book too, because he's kinda stuck being a death eater, and not a respected one at that, and obviously isn't into it anymore.



Neville Longbottom (Matthew Lewis)





Year 1: SS
Haha, look at little Neville. Imagine, if Voldemort had thought the prophecy meant him instead of Harry, it'd be him going through all the dangerous stuff. Now I kind of want to go find a fan fiction about that. Anyways, poor Neville starts out as klutzy, dorky, wuss.




















Year 2: CoS
Still such a tubby little kid. He was very young looking in the first couple. Still pretty much a wuss too.




















Year 3: PoA
Wow, look at that awkward preteen thing he has going on.


















Year 4: GoF
"Oh my god! I killed Harry Potter!" Despite the fact it was supposed to be Dobby who gives Harry the gillyweed, this line is still one of my favorites ever. Also, he's just so british looking, isn't he?


















Year 5: OotP
Aka, Neville stops being a wuss. He stands up for Harry when people think he's nuts, he learns a lot in Dumbledore's Army, and he goes to the Department of Mysteries with Harry, where he actually talks back to Bellatrix. I really started liking Neville more in this one.
























Year 6: HBP
He's so old looking and so... not good-looking. Oh well. Regardless, he's definitly more a part of the group in this one, and in the book he fights death eaters with Harry, and clearly belongs in Gryffindor.
















Year 7: DH
The whole Neville as Dumbledore's army, taking all the beatings and not caring, helping other kids hide, messing with the death eaters, fighting in the final battle, and finally killing Nagini with the sword of Gryffindor; yeah, Neville's epic. He's pretty much the quintessential underdog. He's so awesome in this book!


-Krys-
-"Draco, crying again, are you sad that you turned your best friends into women?"-

1 comment:

  1. Neville doesn't look like himself at all in the last few movies. Also, Draco is so ugly with his hair that way. I feel like the actor would be attractive with different hair color, but lol. xD

    ReplyDelete